If you are unable to come to school due to COVID 19 please complete some of these activities and email work to your child’s class teacher.
- Can you write a similar story about a ‘very hungry’ animal? What happens to it?
- Retell the story from the point of view of the caterpillar. Why was it so hungry? How did it feel after eating so much?
- Can you use alliteration to describe some of the food that are eaten? (e.g. lovely lollipops, scrumptious strawberries).
- Read the story and try to retell it to a friend. Can you remember all of the food that was eaten, in the correct order?
- Use Venn / Carroll diagrams to sort the foods that the caterpillar eats.
- Count the total number of foods that were eaten by the caterpillar. How many of these were fruit / vegetable / contained meat etc?
- Sort the foods that the caterpillar eats, in different ways. Which ones are healthy / unhealthy? Which are processed / unprocessed?
- Think of a healthy / unhealthy meal for another hungry caterpillar.
- Find out about the life cycles of caterpillars / butterflies. Find out about the life cycles of other animals.
- Learn about metamorphosis. Find out about other animals who undergo metamorphosis.
- Create a collage of a big, fat caterpillar!
- Create another collage showing the beautiful butterfly.
- Look at photographs of butterflies and paint your own. You could try folding a piece of paper in half and painting one half of a butterfly on one side. Then fold the paper over, press it down and open it out to reveal the full butterfly.
- Welsh Language – Can you play the attached game? Activity 2(i) Dice game