- Writing your child’s name using a variety of resources/equipment – chalk/pens and paper/shaving foam/playdough/iPads/paint/water and paintbrushes outside/sand/pasta etc.
Support and encourage your child with their ‘pincer grip’ of holding the pencil/pen when writing/forming the letters.
- Letters and Sounds – please use the following website to find letter and sounds activities, resources and sets of ‘sounds’ and ‘words’ you can use at home. We are currently working at ‘Phase 2 Sounds’ but please feel free to work on ‘Phase 1’ too.
- Jolly Phonics – listen to the following link on youtube to sing along to the letter sounds. They are in a different order to the ‘Letters and Sounds’ sounds but please do not worry about this, as the encouragement to sing and recognise the letters sounds is the important aspect.
- ‘I spy letters’ game – can you find objects around the house that begin with different letters? e.g. s = smelly sock, a = apple, t = torch ect.
- Handwriting Practise – We are using the cursive handwriting in school – find formation sheets on Twinkl or look at the pack sent out to you at the end of Summer Term.
- Number formation practise
- Count objects around the house
- Object hunt – how many apples can you find?
- Addition – can you add objects together to find out how many altogether?
- Online activities;
- Click on the following link and choose Foundation or Key Stage 1 in the left hand column. Choose an area of learning in the top middle box and then decide upon the activity below.
Please take photographs of the children’s work and upload it onto your child’s Hwb account or email them to me.