Activity 1 Choose a picture and write amazing sentences!
Activity 1 – Copy the subtraction sentences and write the answers
Activity 2 – Copy the 100 square and add the missing numbers
Activity 1 – Craft and Fine Motor Skills
Make a String Telephone
What you’ll need:
- 2 paper cups or 2 yogurt pots
- A grown up to poke holes in the bottom of the cups or yogurt pots
- Cut a piece of string (About 3 metres)
- Ask a grown up to poke a small hole in the bottom of each cup.
- Thread the string through each cup and tie knots at each end to stop it pulling through the cup (alternatively you can use a paper clip, washer or similar small object to hold the string in place).
- Move into position with you and a member of your family holding the cups at a distance that makes the string tight (making sure the string is not touching anything else).
- One person talks into the cup while the other puts the cup to their ear and listens, can you hear each other?
Activity 2 – Listening Skills
Play a game with your new cup phone! Try to look away from the person on the other end of the cup phone.
Take turns to say a word and ask the person on the other end to repeat it.
Can you take turns to say a poem or a rhyme and then try and repeat what you have heard?
Ask or answer a maths question?
Activity 3 – Memory Game
The Suitcase Game
This is a round-the-table memory game. In a group, go around in turn and say what you are putting in a suitcase. Each person has to say all the other items as well as their own new one. To keep things fresh, decide on a theme of the objects – it does not always have to be travel-based.